2 cups gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil eg sunflower, canola
1/3 cup plain yoghurt
1 cup frozen or fresh berries e.g.raspberries, blueberries, blackcurrants
1. Preheat oven to 175oC. Oil and line with baking paper a large loaf tin.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl; add sugar and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl mix the bananas, eggs and oil together. Add to the dry ingredients with the raspberries. Mix until combined and transfer to prepared loaf tin. Cook for around 45 – 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Note: This works just as well with regular flour. Use 2 cups plain flour instead of the gluten-free flour
Healthy habits – apply to other cakes or loaves
- base around fruit. Adds nutrient value and lots of flavour
- reduce some of the oil with yoghurt