Chorizo and white bean casserole
This dish is very easy to throw together from ingredients you are likely to have on hand. The smoky, spicy sweet flavour is a winner!
Serves 2-4 depending on serve size
Time to make 30 minutes
1 onion, chopped
Around 300g chorizo sausage, chopped
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon golden syrup or brown sugar
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 x 400g can white beans eg cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
2 big handfuls frozen green beans (more if you like)
1. Spray heavy bottomed pan with oil, fry onion over medium heat for a couple of minutes then add chorizo. Cook for a few minutes till onions are transparent and chorizo browned slightly.
2. Add tomatoes, paprika, golden syrup and sweet chilli sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes
3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad
Healthy habits – apply to other recipes
- reducing fat by using a small amount of oil spray only
- including legumes – more fibre, more protein and lots of essential nutrients
- including vegetables in the dish.