This can be made as a jelly or as a jelly / creamy layered dish. Either way it is delicious, light and summery!
Time to make 6 hours (includes cooling and setting time)
Steps for layered pudding
1. Divide the evaporated milk in half and put one half into the freezer to semi-freeze
2. Heat juice with sugar until it has dissolved. Sprinkle in the gelatine, stir well and remove from heat,
Puree the flesh from one of the mangoes and add. Allow to cool and set slightly then divide into two equal portions
3. Add the non-frozen portion of evaporated milk to one of the mango juice portions, whisk to combine then pour into a lightly oiled ring mould. Chop the flesh of the other mango finely and add to this layer. Refrigerate until just set.
4. Whisk semi-frozen portion of evaporated milk until it is thick; fold in remaining juice portion and spoon over jelly layer. Refrigerate until firm then unmould and serve with fresh berries and Greek yoghurt.
To make as a jelly
Do step 2 then add all of the evaporated milk plus the chopped mango. Pour into lightly oiled ring mould and refrigerate until set. Serve with fresh berries and Greek yoghurt.
- basing dessert around fruit
- using light evaporated milk instead of cream
- serving with extra fruit and Greek yoghurt instead of whipped cream