Team up with some crusty bread for a great summer holiday lunch.
Time to make 20 minutes
4 cups salad greens
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
1 x 400g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
200g smoked salmon (hot smoked), broken into bite sized pieces
4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
4 hard boiled eggs, cut into quarters
4 tablespoons capers
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons heart friendly oil e.g sunflower, canola, rice bran
1. Arrange salad ingredients on a platter or large open bowl, taking care to distribute ingredients evenly
2. Drizzle with dressing then serve
Mix all ingredients together in a jar and shake well.
- basing lunch around salad. This fills with fewer kilojoules.
- including salmon. This is rich in essential omega 3 fats
- including chickpeas; these add slow release carbohydrates and extra protein
- reversing the ratio of oil to acid in the dressing. This keeps the kilojoules lower.